Sunday, August 5, 2007

standing tall

"Climbing back on my feet,
never to fall again.
Putting aside the past,
not wanting to feel the pain."

- eugene -

It is not easy.

It was never easy... to climb back up... all by yourself after a dreadful fall while walking while walking on this path also known as "life". It has been 4 long months.

Four months seems to be long enough for someone to recover, but the truth is, the pain still lingers whenever i still think about it. I've tried many ways to remove the pain... tried distracting myself with doing other activities... going shopping and buying lots of unneeded stuffs... and the list goes on...

I'm a christian... and yes i know we all are supposed to submit to God and pray for our problems. But ever since the fall in Taiwan, no matter how many times i tried to give myself to our Father, I still can't find the strength and courage to stand back on my feet.

Until now.

Well... i guess i have recovered emotionally... but it sure took a long time.

During this time, it was a good period to reflect back on life. From the time in Bmt, to Ocs, to the training in Socc, to the fall in Taiwan... also reflected back on my life... life as a believer of Christ, my walk with God... relationship with my friends and brothers and sisters-in-christ, and of course, my family.

This time of reflection was good... i guess God did teach me a lesson he wanted me to learn. And I had to learn it the hard way...

Now i'm back up again. Smiling once again. Although i didn't make it for the grand parade on 9th June... at least i'm glad some of my friends did.

Desmond Goh. One of my section buddy who I really thank God for. Thanks for all the encouragement during our confinement days back in Alpha wing in Ocs... really dun know how to survive if you weren't there.

I'm glad he made it through the full 9 months.

Yep! I'm standing once again. Smiling once again.

Now im quite contented with my new current posting in the army. With more freedom and a relatively easier life, there's nothing much to complain except to be thankful for it.

Went for this year's Choir and Musician's Retreat. Haha... it was awesome man... a time to get away from regimentation and be around friends you love... a good break from Ns...





Yep no longer a trainee means more weekend time, means more time spent in church and fellowship! w00t! Really great to go back to the Choir and be able to sing God's praises as one united body of Christ! Always looking forward to sundays everyweek.

Well... life's been good... been going uphill these few months... all (i think) of my medical tests are done, and I'm actually fine!! praise God. Docs cant find anything albeit docs in taiwan almost treated me like i was dying... which i almost did. i think. Hmmm.

Ah crap.

Forget the past. Learn from it. Move on. and smile while you are at it.

Anyway... this is my 5th season of my blogs... starting again brand new with a new address as u can see. from a lil chicken... to a full grown eagle... no longer on the ground...

But Soaring high above the Heavens.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home