Sunday, June 1, 2008

Greenhouse

So much has happened in the past weeks. Honestly, everything is all a blur, everything is happening way too fast for me to grasp hold of reality. Life at the underground bunker, the Bangkok trip with my fellow brothers and sisters-in-Christ, the lunches with my NS colleagues, the Munchkins gathering, and today's Dinner with my brothers-in-Christ. And I can only wish for all to slow down. I want to take a break and have a pause, and let everything around me come to a standstill. And for me to enjoy and savour the differing moments. But I know it's impossible.


In exactly 9 more days, it'll be my last working day in camp.

I know it'll sound weird saying this, but I will miss working there.


It sucks to be emotionally attached to something/someone, and when it is time to leave and take a step forward and move on, it becomes so difficult to do so. Despite all the unhappy times and all the challenging times we faced back in the journey, I sometimes wish there is an alternative other than moving on.






-Dinner at Greenhouse @ Ritz Carlton-

I thank the Lord for the awesome dinner and fellowship with my fellow brothers-in-christ this evening. It was one of the best that I was ever blessed with. It was supposed to be a dinner 'celebrating' the fact that me and flannery was going to ORD in a weeks time, and to have a 'last supper' before Daniel flies off to darwin, Australia on Tuesday. It turned out to be a great session of fellowship and healthy sharing. Accompanied by a live band playing all the classic instrumental hits like the nostalgic "beauty and the beast" and the upbeat tune of Indiana Jones. Not to mention the great seafood and awesome buffet spread.

Special thanks to LieCong and Jared for your honest sharing. It was a good opportunity to come together and share with each other about your personal experiences in life, and what we can learn through the various hurdles we face when it comes down to relationships and situations which involve our future journey in life.

Music sets the mood and atmosphere. This wonderful tingling sensation of peace and joy just went through my body whenever the band plays. A violinist and a pianist, even without the guitar and the bass, those two make a perfect combination to any musical piece they play. I can't describe fully this joy which I felt, it was somewhat different from the 'normal' happiness I would feel when, for eg, I achieved good grades in secondary school or when i received a gift from a special friend. It was a unique and special feeling, an experience I don't recall having before. It was, heavenly. I guess the sumptuous dinner, the lovely instrumentals and the fellowship did attribute to this joy I was having.

"Enter into His gates with thanksgiving, And into His courts with praise. Be thankful to Him, and bless His name."
-Psalm 100:4-



Bought the infamous Munchkins game recently, and managed to have a few games with Flan, Dan and a old Secondary school friend whom I haven't caught up with for the longest time.

Even when we are blessed with friends around us today, I think it is important to not forget those friends who was once with us years ago. For some reason or another, though we may have lost contact with some, I think I will try to make the effort to message some old friends and attempt to keep in touch with their lives. Well, guess I will have something to do when I officially finish my 2 years liabilities in army.





-Hideout Cafe-

Playing games with reallife friends. It is 16000 times better than involving yourself with online MMORPGs and playing virtual games with virtual fake characters with people you dont even know! Yes, there were a couple of times that I was tempted to reinstall back games like Warcraft III so as to play with my army/secondary school friends, I come to recall of the shithole that I got myself into last time.







-DimSum Buffet @ Excelsior hotel-

I think Jared was mentioning that the prawn fritters cost about 3 Bucks at the coffeeshop opposite church. Well, the buffet cost only 15 wads of Dough! With the rising cost of living, i think we must help one another source for cheap, affordable, and good food! Grace Chong didnt managed to stay for long due to her busy schedules at work, but together with Jared, we manged to meet up again after some time today! Didn't expect myself to watch Sex and the City though, but yea, me and Jared got dragged by her majesty.

Marriage. It's about you and your special someone. When one is taken out of the equation, the equilibrium is lost, and that's when problems begin to arise. I guess that also applies to any other relationships prior to marriage.

Oh well.











-Bangkok @ Thailand-

Isabel has beautifully described ou bangkok trip in a short summary. It was a haven for girls with purchasing power. With this power, comes great resposibility that no girl wants to take, for they will attempt to buy down the whole store whereever possible. Haha.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home