Monday, June 9, 2008

Reminiscing

Another closure of yet another chapter in life. For I have finally collected my Pink Identity Card!! I have ORD-ed!!

Two years of liabilities, two years of memories.

Our time with the orgainization may have ended, but the experiences we have gone through, the hardships and challenges we have faced, the joy, tears and blood we have shed during training, the pain we endured under the harsh conditions during exercises, these will all stay deep in our hearts, and not be forgotten.


Just came back from a small ORD BBQ, organized by my BMT mates. The same group of buddies we met 2 years ago in Pulau Tekong. The Island I personally had the most fun in during my 2 years in uniform. Back then everyone was like a baby, new to the world, new to everything around us. We yearn to be fed, we want to learn how to crawl and walk. Competition wasn't in our dictionaries back then, all of us were making mistakes together, and learning from each other with the common purpose to improve in our skills and military knowledge. We were enjoying and having fun together. I am grateful that we're still in contact with each other. The wonders of technology, e-mails, MSN and cellular phones.











Speedlight GamesDay was challenging on sunday! Well of course we got trashed when playing Floorball, going against Temasek Poly's Floorball team was no practical joke! It was definitely a good workout, my slight backaches I had this morning can attest to that. I realised that I haven't been playing much sports since my Poly days. Still remember the times playing Squash, tennis, Badminton, back with YeeFung and gang during our free time while waiting for lectures or tutorials to begin Although we may not excel in the games, it was a good time to take a break from studies, work and an opportunity to spend quality time with friends. Following that we would usually head to lessons with perspiration still trickling down our forehead.


So many things to do this week.

  • Edit and send out pictures for today's BBQ
  • Edit and send out pictures for the Dinner at Ritz Carlton
  • Do my finance and accounting, to check on my reserves and calculate the money I owe and the amount of Dough I need to collect from people.
  • Continue with my informal piano practice from where I left off some months back.
  • To finish the story of Final Fantasy VII
  • To continue my jogging routine.
  • To clear the slight mess in my room.
  • Finish up Jon's Birthday Gift and Card.
  • To continue contemplating if I should write cards to certain people in my NS camp.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home